Richard Coates Uniform Code
We would like to remind all parents that we do have a uniform code which we would appreciate your co-operation with.
The ‘Uniform Code’ has been designed to give pupils a sense of togetherness and team spirit so that
they can feel proud to be part of our school. There are also health and safety requirements which
mean our uniform represents a safe set of clothing and footwear for busy active learners whilst
ensuring that our pupils are visible and identifiable in the community – this is especially important
when we are out on school trips.
The Richard Coates Uniform Code is:
- Burgundy jumper or cardigan with the school crest
- White polo shirt (crest optional)
- Grey skirt, shorts or trousers
- Red gingham print dress
- Grey, black or white socks (no bright colours or patterns)
- Black tights
- Low-heeled black leather shoes (no trainers, no logos or stripes)
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted e.g. fully or partially bleached/dyed hair, patterns cut
- into hair or tails left
- No make-up, including nail varnish and false nails
Our P.E. Uniform is:
- White t-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black trainers or plimsolls or bare feet
- White ankle socks
- Watches should be removed
- For Years 5 and 6 only:
- Outdoor – Ponteland Rugby shirt (yellow with black hoops), black shorts, yellow
- Outdoor (optional for winter only) – black jogging bottoms (plain with no zips) and
PE Department hooded top
- Football boots for rugby and football
- Shin guards are recommended for hockey and football
The only permitted jewellery is an inexpensive watch and it is encouraged that they should be
removed for physical activity.
No earrings should be worn at school. Any pupils wearing earrings,
bracelets, rings, necklaces etc. will be asked to remove them. We request that consideration be
given to this when a child gets their ears pierced. New earlobe piercings should heal within 4 – 8
weeks. Should any of this period fall within term time, the child will be required to cover the area
with surgical tape, until the studs can be removed. Ear piercing retainers are not allowed.
No make-up or nail varnish is permitted to be worn. Staff will ask children to remove make up or nail
varnish using a suitable wipe. In the case of extreme hairstyles or false nails, parents will made
aware of the concerns and it will be expected that arrangements be made for the infringements to be corrected at the first possible opportunity.
Please work in partnership with us to maintain the highest standards for our children at Richard Coates CE Primary School.