Remote Education Programme
Teachers at Richard Coates CE Primary School recognise the importance of ensuring children have access to high quality teaching and learning during any COVID related absences.
Our aim during this pandemic is that all children, across all phases, have continuous access to the school’s planned curriculum which supports progression and continuity of their learning.
Whether your child is learning from home or from school, we believe that learning should be:
- Fun and engaging
- Appropriate to the child’s age and stage of development
- Broad and balanced – allowing children the opportunity to shine across all areas of the curriculum,
- Immersive – allowing the children to learn from experiences and from others
- Challenging – allowing children to reach the very highest levels of their ability
Our school motto, “Let your light shine” is as important at home as it is at school. Working in partnership with parents we aim to ensure your child continues to flourish with us no matter whether they are engaging in remote education or learning in the classroom with us. Our teachers will ensure remote teaching keeps your child up-to-date with their class so that when it is safe for them to return to the classroom, they can do so confidently.
If your child is asked to quarantine from school, our “Remote Education Programme” will take effect.
The Remote Education programme will seek to provide the children with a well-planned and sequenced curriculum which matches, as closely as possible, the school’s normal curriculum offer which the children would cover if in school. Lessons and slides for children will be shared on Google Classroom and your child’s teacher will maintain contact throughout their period of quarantine. Your child will already be familiar with Google Classroom as it is used regularly in lessons at Richard Coates CE Primary. (Children in Reception and Nursery will receive their learning via Tapestry) Guidance on using Google Classroom can be found in the step by step guide below:
When will Remote Education be activated?
Remote Education will only be activated for your child if:
- The local Public Health Team make the decision to close a bubble due to a positive COVID-19 test; or
- Your child is isolating at home due to another member of their household testing positive for COVID-19.
Remote Education will not be activated if:
- Your child is absent due to illness;
- Your child is absent due to being on holiday;
- Any other non-COVID reason for absence.